In today’s world, IT Departments must be F.A.S.T.™ if they’re going to be valued as more than the back office caretakers of compliance systems. F.A.S.T.™ is my acronym for Fast, Accurate, Strategic & Teammates. The “F” in F.A.S.T.™ stands for “Fast.” IT Departments must demonstrate the ability to be “Fast” in two critical areas:
- Keeping up with Business Demand.
- Keeping up with Industry Solutions.
What is Business Demand?
There are two types of Business Demand across three portfolios that have to be well managed. They are the:
- Actual Backlog - The total number of requests for technology changes that have been identified and budgeted across the enterprise.
- Perceived Backlog - The top 25 requests that have the biggest impact on the IT Department Brand each month.
- Custodial - Technology that is currently in use across the enterprise must meet or exceed minimum service level expectations.
- Evolving - The improvements that are required to stay on par with competitor capabilities are implemented in a timely manner.
- Innovative - Capabilities that will create opportunities for future competitive advantage.
What are Industry Solutions?
It seems self-explanatory but “slow” IT Departments focus more on their technology projects instead of business capabilities and solutions. They miss the opportunity to become the “in-house” experts on acquiring, leveraging and retiring technology in all forms across the enterprise. Technology tools are no longer the sacred domain of the IT Department. Neither is Technology spending. Mobile devices, the internet and ubiquitous solutions providers have seen to that. “Fast” IT Departments will have formal Technology Business Partner programs to help other departments maximize the enterprises investment in technology.
What do you think?
The Technology Leader Coach.
"Everyone can use a little TLC!™"